Monday, August 18, 2008

Hurricane Fay is on the way, and a playing Princess

EDITED: Everyone pretty much knows SIG.....Please keep her in your prayers tonight as her husband Rich has suffured a heart attack. I would link her blog but it is Private and so The more I find out I will let you know. Thank you for praying for Sig and her Husband and there 7 precious kids.

First and foremost we are preparing here for a Hurricane. It is moving off the coast of Cuba and up into the Gulf and will make landfall sometime Tuesday on the west side of Florida. Two bad things a west side storm is the Tornadoes produce on the East of it...and They are predicting it to cut right through Polk county....Well we happen to live in Polk County, So yeah for us.....


If you enlarge this you will see the line in the middle, Well that runs straight through us!


And now my playing princess...Every now & then I put toys away because they aren't being played with and then a couple months later I pull them out and it's like she got a new toy.
This is a set of blocks, I pulled them out Friday and she played with them for hours!

She was in too deep of a concentration to turn around....So you get her backside

Which is still A~D~O~R~A~B~L~E


And also we received our Completed Home study today, It will be faxed to the Agency today and hopefully by the end of the week we can be on the list to be picked...We are so excited. I also reed a book by Micheal Dorris called A Broken Cord. Since we are willing to accept a FAE(fetal alcohol exposure) Infant they required us to read this book. It is a really good book and I don't like to read. But I loved this book. It gave me a whole new perspective on what to expect!!!!

post signature

7 comments:

The Cook said...

Cute pictures. I hope you read a lot on FAE, it can be a huge issue. Not trying to talk you out of it but I have two friends with children who have this condition and it is not easy and you can't fix these children, you can manage behavior and have therapy but unfortunately for them it is forever. I am proud of you for educating yourself on this and I hope you choose what is right for you after doing all the research. If you want to e-mail me privately I can give you my friend's e-mail and she can tell you exactly what it si like. Her child has been home 3 years. She would of course do it all over again but it is good to be prepared.
Anywya, good luck with the storm.

MICHELLE said...

DYLAN IS IN PRE-K, HE LOVES.TODAY WAS HIS FIRST DAY.TOMORROW THEY ARE CLOSED DUE TO FAY. I HOPE YOU GUY'S STAY SAFE. I HATE THESE HURRICANES. CONGRAT'S ON THE COMPLETED HOME STUDY. CUTE PICTUES, STAY SAFE. I SURE HOPE WE DON'T GET TO MUCH OF THAT STORM.

Angie said...

Wahoo you are getting close girl! I can't wait to see your new son and hope it is soon!

Also stay safe!

Anonymous said...

She is the cutest!!! Congrats on your finished home study!!! Stay safe yikes!!!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Hope you weather the storm ok. I guess it is a fact of life living in FL, like snow and ice and Nor'easters are here. You can't get away from Mother Nature. Thinking of you.

Congrats on the homestudy and doing your research on what you may be in store for. You are a wonderful person.

I do the same thing with Savannah's toys, but I don't think she plays as long independently as Madisyn does. Independent is NOT her middle name. She likes me to play with her and hours--never. Attention span is still very short, but is getting better.

Courtney said...

Praying for you guys. Love the pictures. Courtney

Violet said...

hope the huricane passes you by, thinking of you.

Legacy of an Adopted Child

Once there were two women who never knew each other, One you do not remember, the other you call Mother,Two different lives shaped to make you one,One became your guiding star, the other became your sun,The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it,The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it,One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name,One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim,One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears,One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears,One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do,The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you. Now, which of these two women, Are you the product of?Both, my darling, Both, Just two different types of love.---- Unknown