Friday, May 2, 2008

Okay Okay...Here is goes

Me and my family have a Hugh heart for children. We would take all the orphans in with us if we could. Every week I see where someone dropped off a baby in the woods, Or someone punched a baby in the face, Or someone threw a baby into the air and hit his head on the ceiling and then let him fall to the floor because he was crying too much..This makes me sick to my stomach.
So here in Florida we have a website called Hillsborough Kids.....It is kids that are in foster system(but there not) does that make sense. These kids parents have already had there rights terminated and they are legally free for adoption...There are about 147 kids on this site and more added daily. Well yesterday I was looking at the site as I do about 5 times a week and fell head over heels in LOVE with an 8 year old girl name Savannah...She is the sweetest thing I ever saw and she looks so innocent.
So Moral to my story, Me and Jed are going to the adoption orientation and then we will spend 10 weeks in Mapp classes then we will be legally registered in the state of Florida to adopt any child on this web site that is available. So we are on our way to hopefully giving Savannah her forever family and her forever home......As soon as I know a little more(because they can't hold a child for us), I will post a picture of her for you guys to see. That is the only bad thing is they won't hold a child, if someone already is completed with there process and they want her they can adopt her, So that is why we are praying that our process goes quickly because I really really want her...I'm scared to show her picture just in case.....Which I guess isn't a big deal because you could go to the web site to see her...So keep your eyes open on my sidebar and I will post her picture.....I'm so in love, So keep your prayers on us please...God is good and he is A~W~E~S~O~M~E in my book!

8 comments:

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Farrah, That is amazing and you do have such a big heart, especially for children. Maybe I am biased, but there is something wonderful and amazing about people named Savannah.

Love, hugs, and prayers to you and your family!

MICHELLE said...

FARRAH, THAT IS AWESOME AND I AM PRAYING FOR YOU. I HOPE SHE BECOMES YOUR DAUGHTER, SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL.

Sig said...

Savannah is beautiful, I will keep my fingers crossed that it works out!

Our Family of 5 said...

Farrah! That is fantastic!! I will most definitely be praying for you and that sweet little girl. Please keep us updated! I can't wait to see pictures of Savannah!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I am praying that everything works out. You deserve it!!! Keep us posted.

Katie said...

Wow .. that is very awesome !! I will be following your story :)

Nikki said...

That is so exciting!!! I hope that ti all works out!

Sarah said...

How exciting! I looked her up... she is precious! I will keep you and that sweet girl in my prayers.

Legacy of an Adopted Child

Once there were two women who never knew each other, One you do not remember, the other you call Mother,Two different lives shaped to make you one,One became your guiding star, the other became your sun,The first one gave you life, and the second taught you to live it,The first gave you a need for love, the second was there to give it,One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name,One gave you a talent, the other gave you aim,One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears,One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears,One made an adoption plan, that was all that she could do,The other prayed for a child, and God led her straight to you. Now, which of these two women, Are you the product of?Both, my darling, Both, Just two different types of love.---- Unknown